Monday, December 20, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years; in six weeks we celebrate three major holidays with the center focus around faith, family, friends and the future. There is no greater time of the year to share our faith, love our families and friends and plan to do it better in the New Year.
I had built a fire in the formal living room the other day when afterwards, my grandson walked out from his room and looked down and said, “Wow GP, how did you do that?” Amazing how children bring out the beauty of something we take for granted. The things in life we have experienced for years so easily become common.
I sat down some time after that moment to run through my heart and mind all the things that I have experienced and received through my life time and wanted to take in the love, joy and memories they have brought to me. I thought of my days as a child growing up in the mountains with very little. I would make my own toys to play with, or build tree forts, or catch “craw dads” in the creek. The simple things of life have made life more valuable than the conveyer belt feelings today’s world manufactures for us.
I ran through my mind the beautiful nostalgic Christmas movies like “It’s a Wonderful Life, Charlie Brown’s Christmas, Home Alone (smile) and so many more that spark such emotional memories spending time sitting with friends and family sharing the Holidays. Laughing with kids and grand kids, crying (again) during the emotional moments: and then to feel a little hand on your arm with a little voice, “Why are you crying GP?” Nothing in the whole world is more important than our Faith, Family and Future.
Like always, I take these six weeks at year’s end to recap my life, reevaluate what I have or have not done with regard to my purpose and goals. As I sit here writing you I want to say YOU are one of the Reasons for the Season. I want to say to you, you are important to Jenny and me. Like Clarence ( the angel in It’s a Wonderful Life) reminded George Bailey (Character Jimmy Stewart played) what life was all about, so has these past few weeks giving me my very own “Clarence” moment.
Please allow me to share my heart and say to you that there is nothing more important than our Faith in Jesus, Church family to share spiritual moments or worship, prayer and divine experiences with. I need, you need Jesus, prayer, worship and church. I need, you need other Christians to comfort, challenge, and care for you. I love my family more than life itself. My family is the most important part of my life. My children and grand children make life worth living and worth living better in 2011.
Please allow me to say thank you for your role and part you have played in my life that has made me who and what I am today. I want you to feel as well as know how much I love you and thank God for you. Take this moment to make a phone call, write a letter, send a card or email to your family and friends and tell them you love them. Envelope this time to get alone with God and say a prayer for your family, church and your future.

With all our hearts;


Pastors Tim & Jenny McClure

No comments:

Post a Comment