Thursday, October 14, 2010

HERE IN IS LOVE

I Jn 4:9-10 In this was manifested the love of God toward us. 10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us.
I was raised in a home where my daddy didn’t express very much emotion or shown love toward my mother; at least not in front of me. I grew up without the affection made manifest. There was very little outward affection given to my mother and sister from my father.
I grew up in a time where it seemed the “man” thing was not to “Show” your affection toward your wife in public, or affection toward your children. “You’ll spoil them” they said. I was told by men to play the “macho” guy. Not to let your feelings show. If you did, you were weak.
I remember a man years ago who I won to the Lord, baptized and prayed him, his wife and two children through to the Holy Ghost. This dilapidated home of a man, woman and two kids was far from a family or a home.
After working with the man for a year, I started working on his wife. After a year, she received the Holy Ghost and I baptized her. Before she ever came around, he would want to counsel with me all the time about what he should do about his wife. He had marriage problems as she would go out on the night. She never showed him any attention, never wanted to clean the house, stay home, do anything with him, etc. It was bad.
One day, I asked him what he was doing to win her affection. He looked at me as if I was crazy. “What do you mean, what am I doing to win her?” I means, are you complementing her or buying her flowers to show you love her? Are you cleaning the house, helping out with the kids homework or just spending some time each evening with her? Are you being the kind of Christian man that would make her want to be a Christian?” “I couldn’t do that.” Why? I asked. “If I did that, she would become spoiled and rotten and then expect it from me all the time.” Well of course she would you lush lug! What do you think Christianity is all about?” No wonder she showed him no affection. Who wishes to romance a dead fish? I can just see her friend asking her; “What are you doing tonight? O nothing, I’m just having dinner with a manikin.”
Jesus said it well; “Here in is love.” What? That real love, the kind of love that so effects people that it demands a response is the kind of love that shows up in our lives. Here is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us. This is to say that the real way that we are to ever receive love is to first give love. It’s the Law of Sowing and Reaping. If you sow it, God will grow it. If you want friends, you have to be a friend.
What is it that you are wanting? Are you looking for love? Wishing for a relationship? If so, then you need to be the magnet that will attract the very person or relationship you are seeking. You can’t be a silent, stuck up person and attract a loving person. If you are looking for a serious relationship, you can’t act like a “one night stand.”
Whatever it is that you are looking for or desiring, you will have to manifest that very thing. If you want to attract money, you can’t be selfish. If you want people to be nice to you, you must stop being mean. If you want help, you can’t be rude. Become the very thing you want to become and you shall attract that which you desire.
By Dr Tim McClure
www.drtimmcclure.maxous.com

No comments:

Post a Comment