Friday, February 8, 2013

EVERY EXPERT STARTED AS A BEGINNER


I woke up this morning and was doing some research for a counseling session and the Lord spoke to me and said; “Every expert started as a beginner.”  This wasn’t my topic of counseling, but I wrote it down anyway.  As I went on through the day, this word continued to speak to me.


Listen, perhaps you like me many years ago have found yourself today, not in the place where you thought you would not be nor where you want to be.  Perhaps you are mauling over the many mistakes, failures or even failed attempts at what you “would have liked to have accomplished” and just don’t have the Oomph to move forward. I have a word from God for you: “Every Expert started as a Beginner.”

 
That’s right, Abraham had to take his first step and move away from his failed past in order to “search for a city whose builder and maker is God.”  Even Moses had to leave Egypt before he could think of moving into the Promiseland.  Yes, even David had to pick up a simple stone before he ever slew a giant. 

 
Dare I attempt to walk through history and bring up the thousands of philosophers, inventors, generals, Kings and Queens, Prime Ministers or Presidents who before their fame was ever known, they took one step forward. Einstein had to learn addition before he ever invented the “Theory of Relativity.”

 
You, and I do mean you can become an expert at whatever your heart’s passion and life long quest has unfolded before you – if you dare mustard up enough courage to take your first step.  Experts are not born, they begin.  Go ahead and begin today.


© 2013 Dr Tim McClure

1 comment:

  1. Don't despise the day of small beginnings...
    (Zechariah 4:10)

    ReplyDelete