Friday, January 18, 2013

OLD IS NEW

   I heard a radio advertisement this week from a local car dealership railing against “my Old Junker” (car).  Yes, my car has near 140,000 miles, but everything works perfectly on it – A/C, Radio, CD, Electric seats – windows, etc…
 
   The tone of the advertisement was laced with the attempt to shame me into buying a New car. I found my mind racing to rebut his comments and then I smiled and said out loud; “Old is luxury – Old is wealthy.”
 
   Listen, don’t allow the “Debt Driven Devil” to ridicule you into thinking you should trade in your perfectly running automobile that is PAID OFF to go into debt for another “house payment” just so you can alleviate the “shame” those advertisers try to put on you.  Pick you head up high and say out loud; “I’m free; I’m Debt FREE.”
 
   The rest of the day I felt fantastic singing my new song; “Thank God I am free, free, free, from this debt driven devil” (smile).  Humor aside, I drove all over town that day doing business thanking God for the blessing of being debt free. I heard the words whispered into my soul that said; “Old is New – Old is Luxury – Old is Wealthy.”
 
   “In everything, give thanks” (1 Thes 5:18).

 © 2013 by Dr Tim McClure

 

No comments:

Post a Comment