Wednesday, April 25, 2012

EXPERTS SAY...

I was driving home from a trip the other day when I heard a clip of “so called news” on the radio that quoted: ‘Many people have turned to exercise to lose weight and get healthier, but EXPERTS say that exercise can cause death.” 

Crazy isn’t it? I have heard all kinds of “Nutty professor” advice from these “Experts” – so called that want to get another face time in the spotlight.  I heard one that said; “More Americans have turned to vitamins to supplement their nutritional health, but experts say that vitamins can be harmful…”   I know you have heard the daily barrage of “Experts say” – but who exactly are these EXPERTS?

I have been hearing these quackery commercials (news so called) spew out their “expert” advice for more than 40 years.  Amazing, more than 90% of the “experts” are anonymous.  And those who offer a name come mainly from University study geeks who have never been past the college parking lot of the real world.

I know, I am a tad bit sarcastic with these “so called experts” but when they spout off such stupidity I just can’t sit back and let it go unchallenged.  Hear me out: I can prove my stand easily.  Have you ever sat and watch a TV commercial trying to sell you on taking their DRUG that can help with your cancer, diabetes, arthritis, depression, etc?  And then at the end of their commercial, they give you this list of 50 side effects on how this drug has been found to cause and even KILL you?  BUT, the experts say it may help with your ingrown toenail.

The next time you hear any “news, commercial” or otherwise anonyms “Expert” trying to sell you something, just count the number and severity of side effects and think of my rant and your good dose of COMMON SENSE.

© 2012 By Dr Tim McClure

No comments:

Post a Comment