Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A FAMILY AFFAIR


The typical family would spend time together in their back yard, playing games and eating fresh grilled hamburgers. The most famous place families spend time together is at the neighborhood park. However, the most desired place for our family to spend together is at the mall, or shopping center. Browsing through stores is a family affair for the McClure's. The three most prominent stores our family spends the most time in are clothing, book, and toy stores.
The first store my wife, Jenny, heads for is the clothing department store. My three children and I follow close behind my wife as if we were on a guided tour, exploring the variety of sales and special deals. It doesn't take long till each family member is engulfed in his or her own particular world of clothing My wife heads right for the little girl section with Aleena, our seven year old, hand in hand, scouting out the latest. Timmy, my sixteen year old "man", explores the latest power looks of hats, shirts, and gym gear. Chanda, our nineteen year fashion model, smothers herself in an array of cool frills, and the latest up-beat conservative fashions. We eventually came together and compared our findings. After a couple of hours and two hundred dollars, we're ready to move on. At least I am.
The next prominent store the family heads for is the book store. It's a good thing that the whole family loves books, or it could a division of a great relationship. I could easily spend all day looking through books, titles, topics, ideas, and yes, pictures. The family can just walk past a book store and my seven year old, will grab my arm, and say, "No daddy, no, not the book store." Our family experiences some of the greatest fun together, sharing jokes from joke books and the latest from the comics. The funniest of all is the subliminal new age section. We'll roll in laughter, as I read a line or two from one of the far out philosophies of the latest new age advocates.
The family's fun day can not conclude until we visit the toy store. Some may think that toy stores are for kids only, but there not. My wife usually sights the famous proverb to me: "The only difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys." I must admit, the toy store is the greatest cure for the problem with the generation gap. Our family never fails to hit it off at the toy store. The games and toys we take with us, provide months of entertainment at home.
Thank God for clothes, book, and toy stores. For our family, spending time at the mall, or shopping center is a great family affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment