Thursday, January 28, 2010

Highlights & Hallelujahs


Have you ever found yourself sitting around remembering days gone by from when you were a child? Ever remember particular fond memories of playing, riding a bike or experiencing something fascinating? And the very moment now that you remember those times, your heart races, face smiles and your soul is lifted. I have found myself many times in moments of deep thought with issues I need to contemplate to fix, deal with or overcome some somewhere my mind walks down a hallway without purpose. Then all of a sudden, I look around in my mind and see myself playing with army men under the house, or in the back yard playing ball. In those moments I remember a “Highlight” of history that causes me to take a glimpse of yesterday when life was good. And then at that time, my heart sighs a “Hallelujah,” better days are real. Don’t allow your present moments to become so toxic that you can’t stroll down memory lane and find something to thank God about. My struggles yesterday didn’t drown me, so “Hallelujah” they won’t drown me today: HALLALUJAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment