Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year


There is no other time of the year that spark such a mired of emotions like the short few weeks from Thanksgiving through New Years day. I whole heartedly agree that these days are “the most wonderful time of the year.” I was sitting out on the beach boardwalk the other day just to breath in the beautiful blessings of the moment. The white sands and white caps of the rolling ocean waves painted a picturesque canvas of Florida’s “White Christmas.” Yeah, I know it’s not snow in the “Winter Wonderland,” but you have to admit, it’s beautiful.
I sat there reminiscing over the past 54 years of my life and all that God has given me. I thought of my childhood days in West Virginia, sitting in front of the Christmas tree my dad cut down from the woods and mom decorated. Under it was a few gifts, but to me the framed setting said it all. I can’t recall how or why my minded captured such emotion that I still can remember, but I sensed then and still envision the very nature of God in the whole spirit of “Giving.”
Christmas represents the very core of Christianity because Christmas is about giving, “for God so loved the world he gave” (John 3:16). Study the dancing eyes of a child as he or she tears the wrapping paper away to expose the requested toy. Gaze across the table of family members laughing while they share their life stories over dinner. Watch your own face light up when your spouse, son or daughter or grandchild looks over at you and says, “Thank you – I sure do love you.” There’s nothing like that in the whole world.
I know this maybe another Christmas letter of the many you might receive, but please accept my words that is coming from my heart to you personally. As I sit here and write, my mind is racing over the dozens of family members, hundreds of friends and church family. Imagine with me that I am sitting with you over lunch sharing these words with you. Since you are in our personal rolodex, allow us the opportunity to tell you personally that you matter to us. We’re praying for you and wanted to tell you that we love you and yours.
Please let Jenny and I to wish you a Christmas filled with the precious gifts that only God can give… the joy of close friends… the love of family times… and blessing of glorious memories. May your year end with the gratefulness of God’s goodness and your new year spawn the kind of faith that offers a miraculous flow of opportunities. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

With all our love,

Pastors Tim & Jenny McClure

No comments:

Post a Comment